Abraham Babu - Assistant Professor
Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
He has an industry experience spanning over nine years which includes a three year stint in Kenya His teaching experience runs into seventeen years. He holds a PhD in Economics, an M.Phil in Economics and has an M.S in Development Economics. His doctoral thesis was on the study of Foreign Direct Investment in India since 1991. Micro Economics and Development Economics are his forte. He has attended the International Programme on Development of Management Perspectives at the Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata and Faculty Development Programme in Management at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. He was part of the team which conducted a training programme for Bank Muscat, Oman and was a visiting faculty at KATHO University College, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- M.S. (Development Economics), M.Phil (Economics),Ph.D (Economics)
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Teaching Experience: (Twelve years)
- Lecturer, Rajagiri School of Management
- Guest Lecturer, Department of Economics, Union Christian College, Alwaye.
- Industry Experience: (Nine years)
- Logistics Manager, Njoro Canning Factory, Njoro, Kenya.
- Research Associate in Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, TVM.
- Assistant Production Manager in Hidesign, Pondicherry.
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
- Micro Economics and Development Economics.
- Capital inflows into the Indian Economy.
Training / Research Projects / Consultancy / MDP conducted
- Technical session on "Monetary, Fiscal measures and Budgetary reforms to control inflation" in the National Seminar on "Inflation Management: Myths and Realities" at St. Philomena’s College, Mysore, on 28th and 29th of March, 2011.
- Economic Policy Research and Analysis Training Programme, in Bank Muscat, Oman, on the 18th and 19th of July, 2009.
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
- National Workshop on Econometrics, organized by the Research and Postgraduate department of Economics, St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam, in association with the Indian Econometric Society, from 1st to the 6th of March, 2011.
- The AICTE Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on Econometrics for Management Research in the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, India, from 20th to 25th October, 2008.
- The 29th Faculty Development Programme in the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India from 29th October, 2007 to 15th February, 2008.
- Attended the Teachers Programme in International Business, April 2005, in the Cochin University of Science And Technology, India.
- National Seminar on Economic Reforms into the Second Decade organized by the School of Management studies, Cochin University of Science And Technology, Kochi, India, in February 2005.
- Participated in the six months International Programme for Development of Management Perspective (June 2004 – December 2004) in the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, India.
- National Seminar cum Workshop on Improving Quality of Teaching and Learning in the Classroom, sponsored by National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore, in March 2004, at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial College, Udupi, Karnataka, India.
- Seminar on Micro-Credit and Socio-Economic Development in July 2003, in Kochi, India, organized by The Dhanalakshmi Bank Limited.
Presentation made in the Rajagiri Faculty Council
- Capital flows into India.